Carlow & District Football League

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Relegation

+2
grumpy old man
Pub team
6 posters

Go down

Relegation Empty Relegation

Post  Pub team Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:01 pm

Now that the bottom two has definitely been sorted out in the premier division, who is going to be relegated?
Will bagenalstown be relegated straight off and kilree have to go into a playoff with second team in the nationalist division? or as Ridge are gone are kilree safe and bagenalstown just in the playoff?

Also are the league going to allow a second New Oak team into the premier division?
If so well they have to re name the team or can they enter into the league as New Oak B?
If not, why not? And would this open the door for the third placed team in the nationalist division to possibly get back into the premier division?

I know there's a lot of questions in there but I think its time the league let the clubs involved in this situation know what is facing then art the end of the season, so if ADMIN could answer this it would be great?

Also other user's opinions on this would be nice to here.
Pub team
Pub team

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Back to top Go down

Relegation Empty Re: Relegation

Post  grumpy old man Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:59 pm

New Oak B should be alowed to join the Premier as having a team of their quality would only enhance it, but i believe that they have to jump through a few hoops before they can join the Premier with their A team being there. Hopefully they can and will cheers

And yes Baenalstown should relagated and Kilree just play the play-off with the 3rd placed team in the 1st division, obviously meaning the 1st and 2nd placed teams going up automatically.

grumpy old man

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-02-11

Back to top Go down

Relegation Empty relegation...

Post  NUFC1892 Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:18 pm

i believe bagenalstown are automaticaly relegated while kilree get a play off against 2nd place which will make up the 10 ten premier teams, 3rd runner up in the nationalist div will not be promoted. Best of luck to Crettyard this sunday hopefully they give shelbourne a good game. unfortunatly i predict a 2 goal defeat but i hope im wrong.
NUFC1892
NUFC1892

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2010-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post  grumpy old man Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:55 pm

sorry NUFC Ridge have pulled out of the league and there is currently only 9 teams in the premier Crying or Very sad so an extra team will have to get promoted

grumpy old man

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2010-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post  dirtydub88 Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:48 pm

the bottom team should go down and the second last team play the 3rd team in the 1st division with the top two going up automatically. there will be new teams entering the league if all goes well.

on the b team no one seems to know whats gonna happen

dirtydub88

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-01-10

Back to top Go down

Relegation Empty New oak B

Post  TimBuck2 Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:54 am

I remember this happened a few years back with Parkville I think it was and they were not allowed 2 teams in the Premier division. Seems as its a Carlow town team we are talking about here there probably wont be an issue and I expect them to be allowed in.
TimBuck2
TimBuck2

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post  toonsoldier Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:48 pm

The fairest thing to do would be to obviously allow New Oak up as worthy winners to replace Ridge. Then the second placed team in the 1st Div (Slaney) could go up automatically replacing Bagnalstown, and allow the 3rd place (Fiaccs, Pal, Wolfhill) team play a promotion/relegation playoff against 2nd from bottom in the Premier (Kilree). This would bring the Premier Div back to 10 teams and also leave the 1st Div with 10 teams. New Oak are a really good side a deserve a shot at the Premier Div where they should be very comfortable as would Slaney if they got the chance.
toonsoldier
toonsoldier

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum