Carlow & District Football League

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Juvenile League Secretary Alan Ruddock..R.I.P.

Go down

Juvenile League Secretary Alan Ruddock..R.I.P. Empty Juvenile League Secretary Alan Ruddock..R.I.P.

Post  FAI Mon May 31, 2010 8:21 am

Alan Rudoock
Carlow & District Juveniles League Secretary

TRIBUTES were paid last night following the sudden death of Sunday Independent journalist Alan Ruddock.

Mr Ruddock was praised as one of the "mainstays" of the newspaper where he had worked as an insightful economic and political analyst for the best part of a decade.

The keen sportsman, who was in his late 40s, leaves behind his wife Jackie and his teenage sons Matthew, Daniel and Cameron. He was taken ill while playing cricket yesterday.

"Alan Ruddock was brilliant, a superb journalist with a capacious mind and an ability to understand the complex issues of the day and provide his analysis to readers in a way that was very accessible," Sunday Independent editor Aengus Fanning said. "But above all, he was a great friend, a loyal comrade and a wonderful family man who loved his wife, Jackie, and their children. Outside journalism his most passionate interest was his sport -- rugby, cricket, soccer and all sports. Sport was his great passion. He will be a huge loss in a myriad of ways."

Among his many achievements was the launch of the 'Sunday Times' newspaper in Ireland in 1995 and his editorship of 'The Scotsman' newspaper. He also wrote the book 'Michael O'Leary: A Life in Full Flight'.

- Louise Hogan

Irish Independent
FAI
FAI

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2009-02-24

Back to top Go down