Carlow & District Football League

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poaching players

3 posters

Go down

Poaching players Empty Poaching players

Post  TimBuck2 Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:44 pm

I see St. Pats and Crettyard are already trying to steal players away from their clubs. Whats the point of moving to a different club in the same league at this level of soccer. Players should play for their club unless the opportunity comes like FC Carlow or the likes.
TimBuck2
TimBuck2

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-02-21

Back to top Go down

Poaching players Empty Re: Poaching players

Post  murph Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:49 pm

poaching players or stealing players are very strong words to use.
Its the end of the season so all players are free agents until signed by a club for the comlng season.
I went to watch pats a few times and they need a few players to compete in premier division and obviously cretty (even though they won the league unbeaten again last year) want to push on and are trying to add to their squad which is a sign of a progressive club and manager.
Everyone has their own opinion of what players should or shouldn't do and obviously clubs selfishly want to keep their best players but this is part of football.The big clubs chase the best players and you can't blame the players if they move on because even though we love playing the game at the end of the day players want to win trophies.
My own club are trying to sign players from other clubs whom we feel will improve us and give us a better chance of wrestling the premier title from Cretty.

murph

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2010-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post  scooby doo Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:27 am

Yeah but cretty were in contact with players before last season even ended and that is a fact. And players who have no loyalty to their club at this level will not be missed

scooby doo

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2008-02-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum